The Abbey DLD Group of Colleges comprises three independent colleges located in Cambridge, London, and Manchester. We are dedicated to providing a gold standard education to students from around the world.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented marketing professional to join our growing team. Based in Cambridge, but working across our Cambridge and Manchester colleges, your role will involve the development of strategy and implementation of a wide range of marketing tactics to enable us to meet our student recruitment targets.
Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Working under the direction of the Group Head of Marketing, develop and communicate the college’s individual value propositions across a range of channels, whilst ensuring consistency with our wider Abbey DLD brand values.
• Under the direction of the Group Head of Marketing, to develop an attractive set of college selling messages to appeal to both domestic and international audiences.
• Working with college and group admissions teams to increase student recruitment to both colleges. Track applicant enquiries, applications and enrolments, ensuring they are in line with group targets.
• Provide tailored, timely and consistent content-led marketing support to our global sales team.
• Plan and promote all college recruitment events and visits, including conducting college tours for prospective applicants and recruitment agents.
• Support the group Digital Marketing Manager by developing and supplying college specific content as requested for digital marketing campaigns.
• Manage and maintain college websites and social media channels, growing reach and engagement with regular content posts and page audits.
• Research and collate advertising opportunities (digital, print, on site) and formulate proposals to be approved by the Group Head of Marketing.
• Collaborate with group marketing, designers, and other suppliers to create college relevant copy and artwork for promotional materials, managing all deadlines.
• Conduct competitor research – keeping track of local, national and international competitors.
• Regular travel between Cambridge and Manchester colleges. Additional national and international travel, and some work outside of normal hours may be required.
• Other marketing-related responsibilities as they arise.
Qualifications and Experience
You will hold a degree level or equivalent marketing qualification, with experience of working in a marketing role, ideally within the education industry. You will be skilled in the implementation digital, content and social media marketing tactics, and have experience of working as part of, or alongside, a sales team.
You will be required to work 37.5 hours a week. Normal working hours will be 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
A salary of £35,000 - £37,000 per annum is offered to the successful candidate depending on qualifications and experience.
• 25 days annual leave
• Employee assistance programme
• Sports groups and free on site gym facilities
• Alpha Plus Group Personal Pension Plan
• Season ticket train travel discount and loans
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Discounted school fees
• Language classes
• Regular social events
• Discounted beauty treatment
Alpha Plus Group (APG)
Abbey College Cambridge and Abbey College Manchester are constituent colleges of the Abbey DLD Group of Colleges, which is in turn part of the Alpha Plus Group.
APG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of APG you will be expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
How to Apply
Please visit our recruitment website to apply and access full details about the position. Please enclose your CV and a detailed covering letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills to be successful in this position. Applications will be reviewed and interviews arranged for suitable candidate on a weekly basis until filled.