2 i/c Mathematics Department
Pay Scale: Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR2B
London Weighting: Outer
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. Over the past 5 years the school has transformed itself into one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement.
Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted 2013 where;
• 'Students make excellent progress in Mathematics and Science.'
• 'Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school.'
• '..Leaders have a relentless drive for continuous improvement'
The school has an exceptional CPD programme, including dedicated curriculum development time, and is committed to developing all staff as it continues its journey to becoming ‘Outstanding’ and a world class school.
The Maths department is looking to recruit a suitably ambitious, 2nd in Department to lead the development of KS5 Maths and join us on our journey to becoming an outstanding department. Our mathematics department is high performing, friendly and supportive. Our results in terms of progress and attainment at GCSE are significantly above national averages for the past three years, repeatedly placing the school in the top 5% nationally for boy’s achievement. A-level mathematics is a very popular subject with almost 70% of KS5 students studying A-level mathematics and 15% of those studying further mathematics. Within the department, there is a collaborative approach to teaching and learning, where expertise and good practice is shared to ensure high quality teaching and learning.
For January 2022:
• An innovative, dynamic and creative person with excellent interpersonal skills
• High expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
• Enthusiasm for developing innovative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
• The learner at the centre of their vision
• Excellent classroom practice at KS3-KS5
• The ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower our students to achieve
• Excellent knowledge of the Maths National curriculum at KS3-KS5
Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
The recruitment pack, person specification and job description is available on the TES jobs website. Applications can be completed on TES, alternatively an application form can be sent to Femi Olufola - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 21st September 2021 midday
Interviews scheduled for: Later that week
Norlington School and 6th Form
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years