King's College, The British International School of Latvia is looking for a Secondary Teacher of Science & Maths starting August 2019 in their brand new Secondary department.
King’s College, The British School of Latvia forms part of King’s Group, a highly successful educational organisation, whom since 1969 have been providing children and young people with a rigorous and broad British education in an international setting.
For nearly 50 years, pupils from King’s College schools have gone on to continue their studies at some of the world’s most prestigious universities, including those in Europe and North America.
Their school in Latvia is located in the municipality of Babites in Latvia’s capital city, Riga.
The school is designed to hold approximately 580 pupils and will eventually cater for children from the age of 3 years old (Nursery), through to 18 years old (Year 13). At the moment, the school offers places to children between the ages of 3 and 10 years old. As these pupils progress through their academic journey, the school will expand to cater for pupils up to 18 years old.
To implement and deliver the UK National Curriculum and when required IGCSE and A-Level programmes according to the age, aptitude and abilities of the pupils being taught. To aid and develop the school in line with the objectives stated in the school development plan and relating to group wide KPIs.
Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school both inside and outside the classroom.
- Plan and deliver the schemes of work in the assigned subjects and classes
- Ensure continuity and progression in the subject for KS3 and plan the development throughout KS3.
- Ensure effective progression and communication with other key stages.
- Give advice and information to colleagues where possible
- Undertake to provide or arrange in-service training for colleagues
- Be responsible for the subject resources throughout the department
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a traditional Science subject (Chemistry, Physics, Biology) or Maths.
- Evidence of continuous INSET and commitment to further professional development
- Be able to teach in areas outside their first subject, at KS3 level.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent of a PGCE)
- Native level English speaker
- Min. 2 years of teaching experience
- Retention bonus (2.000 € gross/year)
- Private health insurance
- 2.000 € relocation allowance to spend on arrival + relocation services
- Breakfast, lunch and snack for all staff
Please apply via the 'Quick Apply' button with your online Tes My CV and enclose your personal CV as an attachment in the Document section - Additional supporting document