About Lycée International de Londres
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Programme (EIP). Our school is now also a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the first cohort will be in 2019.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 900 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
You will be joining the EIP team teaching year 7 to 13 students. This position is being created especially for you in the EIP and you will be the first person to hold this post. Working collaboratively, you will have the freedom to express your teaching creativity and put forward your ideas.
You will be expected to contribute to the wider community of the School through Discovery classes, Open Days, School events.
- To always act in the best interests of pupils.
- To support the school’s ethos and aims.
- To act in accordance with school policy and the school’s Code of Conduct.
Essential Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- A good honors degree or equivalent
- A teaching qualification such as QTS/PGCE/ITT
- IB experience ideal
- An awareness of the impact that their subject can make to the whole school
- Ability to teach English to KS2, KS3 and KS4
Professional Learning Responsibilities
- To maintain thorough and current knowledge in the subject area(s) taught.
- To maintain a full overview of curriculum developments.
- To engage fully with professional learning opportunities, including INSET, working groups and professional learning communities, even where these fall outside core school hours.
- To work collaboratively and support the professional learning of colleagues.
- To engage with evidence and research to direct improvements in teaching and learning.
- To be genuinely reflective towards one’s practice and pursue consistent improvement.
- To engage fully with structures that support professional learning, including appraisal and observation.
- Local or international training opportunities (CPD)
- Free loan of iPad worth £800 non-taxable
- Free weekly language classes (French or English)
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave, 2 weeks fully paid
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen every day, equivalent to £1,000/annum non-taxable
- Free hot beverages throughout the day
- Discount at nearby shops