St John's College is a Catholic secondary learning community established by the Good Samaritan Sisters in 1940. St. John’s is well known for excellence in Academic pursuits, Dramatic and Musical presentations, sporting success in rugby, netball, cross country and athletics, and community service programs. Some unique features of the school are its pastoral care program, inclusiveness of students with disabilities, staff - student relationships, energetic Parents & Friends Association and community links.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community. This is a continuing full time position teaching Maths in Junior and Senior classes.
The ability, and relevant qualifications, to teach Religious Education is advantageous but not essential for this position. Strong support for the Catholic ethos of the school is essential. Previous experience in teaching these subjects would be beneficial.
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• appropriate qualifications and experience
• effective communication and organisational skills
• ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students, and parents
• an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices
• a clear understanding of the new Australian Curriculum and Senior Curriculum
• If applying to teach Religious Education applicants must be Catholic
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the on-line application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Stephanie Tyson
Contact Telephone Number: 0754415666
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 19-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education