Experienced Maths teacher sought to deliver the VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education) to Bilingual students in Year 11 and Year 12 in China/Nanjing
The program is coordinated from both Australia and China. Students, on completion of their studies, generally aim to continue their tertiary studies in Australia. The Sino-Australian relationship has expanded significantly in recent years.
Firbank Grammar School - based in Australia - and the Lianyungang Forgein Language School and Nanjing High schools work in partnership to deliver the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) to students in Years 11 and 12 in Nanjing. The program is coordinated from both Australia and China. Students, on completion of their studies, generally aim to continue their tertiary studies in Australia. The Sino-Australian relationship has expanded significantly in recent years.
VCE is a senior secondary certificate of education recognized within the Australian Qualification Framework. The VCE is designed to be completed by school students over a minimum of two years.
Each VCE study is designed to provide a two-year program. Outcomes are the basis for satisfactory completion of a VCE unit. Each VCE unit includes a set of two to four outcomes. Satisfactory completion of a unit is determined by the school, in accordance with VCAA requirements. The majority of students enrolled in this program aim to study in Australian universities.
The successful applicant will be employed by either the Nanjing Jinling High School or the Lianyungang Foreign Language School and supported by the Firbank Grammar staff; including the Deputy Principal -International and Curriculum, and teachers of English/Maths who will act as mentors.
- Current Victorian Institute of Teaching registration (Australia), or having relevant teaching qualification (PGCE)
- A demonstrated capacity to provide exemplary teaching characterized by enthusiasm, a desire for improvement, a commitment to excellence and ahigh level of written, verbal and communication skills, patience, warmth, empathy and interest in students’ academic and emotional wellbeing
- Experience teaching non-English speaking background students, knowledge, respect and interest in other cultures and a willingness to work overseas for an extended period of time
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and show a high level of initiative
- Applicants who have science background (e.g. Maths) are preferable
- Knowledge of the VCE EAL curriculum and experience teaching EAL is preferable
- Salary starts from 20,000 RMB per month (after tax). Paid holidays according to the Chinese school calendar
- A possible retainer bonus, paid upon completion of the second each year of continuous service
- The school offers free fully furnished apartment
- 1 return economy airfare to China for the commencement and conclusion of your contract
- Airport Transfers
- Chinese working visa will be assisted to obtain
If your Tes profile is already complete, click the apply now button, or alternatively forward me your CV.
For more information or an informal chat call Laura Ooms on 0203 194 3030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org