As a large over-subscribed secondary school in Hedge End, Southampton we are keen to recruit additional Maths Teachers to join our team in delivering high quality teaching and learning to our students. The department has 15 classrooms all with SMARTboards and projectors and a dedicated team of 21 Teachers, 2 Intervention Teachers and a Core Progress Assistant (Maths TA).
We will ensure that the successful candidate has:
• comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
• continuous professional learning, development and improvement
• the opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
Benefits of working for our trust include:
• Potential for career progression
• Excellent department resources
• Enrolment in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
• A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
• Friendly and sociable colleagues
• Staff membership rates to our modern on-site Leisure Centre
• Good transport links
• Free on-site car park
If you are an enthusiastic, innovative Maths teacher who would like to join our team we would love to hear from you. You must have Qualified Teacher Status in the UK, or an equivalent overseas qualification with UK teaching experience. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers due to qualify summer 2021 are encouraged and an excellent NQT package would be available if appropriate.
For more information on our Maths department please visit our website www.wildern.hants.sch.uk/teaching-and-learning/curriculum/curriculum/mathematics/
If you already live or work in Hampshire, you will know what a fantastic place it is. Located on the south coast of England, with excellent transport links, Hampshire offers a choice of rural or city living. The culture, coastline and countryside in Hampshire can provide a variety of different lifestyles:
• go horse riding, walking and cycling on the many routes found throughout Hampshire’s country parks
• visit theme parks, award winning museums and explore historic sites across the region
• take part in Hampshire’s thriving sports scene
• relax at Hampshire’s diverse range of food and drink establishments and regular farmers’ markets
We are part of the Wildern Academy Trust which includes Boorley Park Primary School, a further 7-form entry secondary school is planned to open September 2021. We have been judged by Ofsted as an “Outstanding” school for the past three inspections and we are determined to remain that way. Our staff form a collective team that make a difference to the lives of our students. This is an exciting time for the trust and all colleagues present and future.
Applications should be on Wildern School application forms, individual CV’s will not be accepted. Application forms can be downloaded from our website www.wildern.hants.sch.uk where you can also find further details about the school, its facilities and benefits for staff. Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Closing Date: Midday Thursday 21st January 2021
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years