MPS/UPS (£22,917 - £38,633)
Are you someone that loves your subject and enjoys the challenge of inspiring others with your knowledge and passion? Would you like to work in the stunning South Somerset countryside with an Academy that has a great record for developing its people? If you’re looking to be a future leader, this could be the School for you.
What we offer:
- The Maths department is made up of friendly mathematicians that are passionate about teaching their subject. Our team take a collaborative approach to their work and often engage in after school activities to bond and help the work life balance.
- Our Academy offers specialist Maths teaching rooms, with WIFI access available for members of staff with their own work laptop and Ipads available in each classroom.
- We are set in a rural location in the South Somerset countryside within a mile of the A303, close to Yeovil and benefit from exceptionally good rail links to major cities in the UK including London , Bristol, Bath & Exeter
- Our biggest and proudest asset as a School is our CPD opportunities for staff which includes but is not limited to: Accredited NQT induction programmes, in house middle leader training programme, mentoring opportunities and links with other Schools through Mid Somerset Consortium & Taunton & South West Teaching Alliance.
For more information about the role, department and letter from our Principal Amy Joynes, please view the Teacher of Maths Recruitment Pack below.
What you offer:
- A clear passion for your subject with the ability to build relationships quickly and immerse yourself in Academy life as a big team player.
- High expectations for all your students and the willingness to go the extra mile.
Please click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 21 June 2018 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date Tuesday 26 June.
For further information contact, Liz Joynes by telephone: 01935 827240, or by
e-mail: LJoynes@educ.somerset.gov.uk or visit our website
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure.