Capital City Academy are seeking an inspirational Maths teacher with strong subject knowledge and experience of developing teaching and learning within Maths to join our thriving and exciting Maths department for September 2021. Maths is particularly strong at Capital with good take up at KS5 and we are part of Simon Singh’s Top, Top Set project providing an accelerated pathway for able mathematicians from Year 7 onwards. This role provides the opportunity to complete the SSAT Lead Practitioner qualification and to work alongside our current outstanding teaching leads from across the academy on the development of teaching and learning whole school. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher, a good communicator and passionate about Maths teaching and mastery. They will share the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed.
You will be:
- an inspirational practitioner with the ability to develop the teaching of others
- passionate about your subject and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge
- able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject
- keen to provide evidence based CPD for colleagues
- equipped to deliver strong classroom management
- a good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work work in a school which places a high priority on teaching and learning and to collaborate whole school on teaching and learning
- The opportunity to complete the SSAT Lead Practitioner qualification (this could be in year 1 for a suitably experienced candidate)
- Excellent CPD provision and the chance to lead CPD
- A school that values wellbeing
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
HOW TO APPLY: If you would like to apply for this position, please complete and return the Application Form by email - email@example.com . Applications to be received by the closing date of 9am on Monday 19th April; interviews will be held on Tuesday 20th April.
FIND OUT MORE...
Capital City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years