Langdon Academy is a large, richly diverse school with both a primary and secondary phase. We are seeking to appoint an experienced Medical Welfare Officer to support and provide first aid provision for the staff and students of the Academy. You will also be required to assist with Special Educational Needs pupils in regards to their medical and hygiene needs.
The successful candidate will have:
• A recognised First Aid qualification and general education.
• Confidentiality at all times as some information handled will be of a sensitive nature, some will be covered by the data protection act.
• Special Educational Needs experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure; work as part of a team and own initiative.
• Good knowledge of ICT.
• Management of an excellent First Aid service to both students and staff.
• To be responsible for the smooth running, monitoring and development of the Medical Centre.
• Organisation of medicines in line with NHS, DfE guidance and policy.
• Ensuring all first aid boxes are complete with the necessary items.
• Distribution of relevant information to Senior Staff according to need
• and within requirements of confidentiality.
• Liaison with parents/carers and outside agencies as appropriate.
• Organising first aid training and refresher training.
Brampton Manor Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. To For further information and an application form, please visit our website www.bramptonmanor.org
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis as applications are received.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including Enhanced Disclosure checks, will be undertaken on all successful applicants.