The Castle Trust is a successful Trust with schools in Kent and West Sussex. We are currently seeking to appoint a part-time Clerk to support our Medway Hub. The role will be based at Delce Academy in Rochester.
The Clerk will be responsible for:
Working closely with the Delce Academy Local Advisory Committee (LAC) Chair and the school Senior Leadership Team to convene, minute and support Committee meetings and Governor Visit Days.
- To put together LAC agendas in accordance the Trust Annual Planner and in communication with the LAC Chair.
- Providing advice to the LAC and Senior Leadership Team on governance, constitutional and procedural matters, in line with academy guidance and procedures.
- Working with the LAC Chair to promote governance improvement.
- Providing effective administrative support to the LAC.
- Keeping membership and attendance records and providing advice in terms of succession planning.
- Keeping governance information up-to-date on Delce Academy’s website and on Government databases.
- Convening and clerking the Castle Trust Headteachers’ Working Party meetings, which are held at The Joiners’ Shop.
- Keeping up-to-date with statutory and best practice guidance, including the Governance Handbook, Competency Framework for Governance and Clerking Competency Framework.
- Other governance related tasks that the Trust may from time to time arrange with the Clerk to be completed.
Prior experience of Clerking (in maintained school or academy environment) is essential. A willingness to learn and flexibility are also essential. The Clerk will need to be a self-starter and have good IT and organisational skills.
Except the attendance at meetings, which often occur in the afternoon, working hours can be flexible and home working is a possibility. The role is for term time only and will be part time, working approximately 230 hours per annum initially, but with scope to increase hours if further schools join the Medway Hub.
The Clerk will be part of the Trust’s clerking team and will report directly to the Governance and Data Manager.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.