As an MFL teacher in Ark Charter Academy, you will be joining a team of committed staff who place students at the centre of all they do and are relentless in their drive to provide the best learning experience and opportunities to each and every student. You will deliver high-quality, rigorous lessons that drive achievement and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom. We are looking for Spanish and French as languages which would suit our timetable and the subjects chosen by our pupils.
Could you make a REAL difference?
Become part of the Ark Charter community and work alongside our dedicated team of teachers, support staff and senior leaders to raise the expectations of a community, and spark a passion for learning in our young people which will last them a lifetime. Our school’s vision is to ensure our students achieve both academically and socially beyond personal expectation and prior attainment.
Our teachers work hard every day to inspire each and every student to develop skills which will help them to achieve their full potential - both in the classroom and beyond. As part of Ark Schools, you will have access to high-quality training and development, as well as expertise from across the network. Find out more about our CPD and training opportunities: https://arkonline.org/training-for-your-whole-career
As well as professional learning, we also take the wellbeing of our staff seriously, as we recognise that teaching can be a challenging profession. Staff at our school work hard but we support them by providing relevant development opportunities. We also try to ensure that most meetings take place during our working day to protect our free time and have a supportive and approachable Principal who recognises and rewards the hard work staff put in.
We would love you to visit our school, and meet the students and staff which make the Ark Charter community such a welcoming place to work – contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 9282 4204 to arrange your visit.
• Set high expectations so that all students are inspired, motivated and challenged to reach their full potential, and in doing so meet their progress and attainment targets
• Plan and teach well-structured, differentiated lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every student’s intellectual curiosity
• Use data to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to students, staff and families in order to promote progress and outcomes
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
• Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
• Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
• Work with colleagues, students and families to develop a strong school community
• Participate in and/or create extra-curricular and interdisciplinary activities and trips that promote a love of languages and deepen student’s appreciation of Spanish & French.
• Create and foster suitable links with language speaking institutions
• Use the target language effectively in the classroom and employ strategies to ensure your students are speaking in the target language where possible
• Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by the Head of Department or Principal
Note: Exceptional candidates may be considered for additional responsibilities
Person Specification: MFL Teacher
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK
• Degree in Spanish or French or related subject
• Fluency in language
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Demonstrable commitment to raising attainment of all pupils in a challenging classroom environment
• Excellent understanding of both subject and general teaching pedagogy
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for Spanish or French including culture related to Spanish or French speaking countries
• Effective and systematic behaviour management
• Knowledge of the national secondary education system, examinations and curriculum
• Understanding of the recent changes to GCSE and A level languages and implications for teaching and learning
• Be or demonstrate the potential to become an outstanding teacher
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every student and their potential to be a successful language learner
• Deep commitment to Ark’s mission of providing an excellent education to every student, regardless of background
• Excellent interpersonal, planning and organisational skills
• Resilient, motivated and committed to achieving excellence
• Reflective and proactive in seeking feedback to constantly improve practice
• Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice
• Commitment to and understanding of professionalism in line with the National Teaching Standards
• Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
• Willingness to undertake training
• This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check