Mt Maria College Petrie is a co-educational Secondary College administered by the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane through the Brisbane Catholic Education Office and is a member of Marist Schools of Australia. It is located next to Our Lady of the Way school and Church in Petrie. The College was established by Brisbane Catholic Education in 1987 and was originally named “Kolbe College” after Saint Maximillian Kolbe. One of the main strengths of the College is the continual provision of Inclusive Education to its clientele. Central to our existence is the genuine concern for each student’s academic, spiritual and personal development. Promoting the Catholic faith, personal formation and building confidence and self esteem are paramount within our College community. There is a strong sense of family atmosphere and a great support for our College Mission. The College is nestled on four hectares of gardens and bush-land setting. Mt Maria College Petrie offers a flexible curriculum to meet the educational needs of all students ranging from those with tertiary aspirations to those with specific educational needs.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Middle Leader - Student Wellbeing to uphold the mission of the school through leadership in the support of students as school and family community members.
This is a Tier 3, full-time continuing teaching appointment, with an initial three-year appointment as Middle Leader. Two subsequent three-year appointments as Middle Leader will be offered following a successful performance review.
This role involves:
• developing and implementing effective pastoral practices which provides for student welfare
• coordinating the efforts of staff in holistic student growth by ensuring that appropriate programs and processes are developed and followed at all levels, to encourage students to embrace a way of living based on the values of the Gospel and to manage student behaviours which are contrary to this
• ensuring the quality and effectiveness of teacher practice through appropriate supervision
• developing partnerships with parents and carers and other appropriate partnerships within and outside of the school; and
• prudently administering available resources.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the education in the Catholic tradition, have proven organisational abilities, effective communication skills, and be an innovative and creative educator.
Applicants are required to address the above points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Wayne Chapman
Contact Telephone Number: 32855500
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 24-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education