Role: Minibus Driver
Salary: £4,382 per annum
Working pattern: 10 hours per week, term time only. Flexibility to work more hours is essential.
Location: The Manor Academy, Mansfield Woodhouse
Start date: January 2021
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when grading us as a “good” school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the previous inspection.
The Manor Academy is based in North Nottinghamshire within easy reach of the M1 and A1. We are seeking to recruit a Mini Bus Driver to join our student transportation team.
The role will include driving one of the Academy’s new mini buses, transporting students to sporting fixtures after academy hours, curriculum related trips and visits during and after academy hours, and taking students between other educational sites during academy hours. You will also be required to supervise the safety of students during visits whilst you are not driving.
The successful applicant must hold a full UK driving PCV licence Category D1 or D. You should also be willing to undertake further driver safety training prior to starting. The post would be ideally suited to an applicant who has a sense of responsibility for today’s young people and who is able to work flexible hours.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Wednesday 20 January 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
The Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years