Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile and our HERO values; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and foster a sense of communal endeavour. Thanks to the work of our uniquely driven and dynamic staff body, the Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive vision. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, professional and highly motivated MIS Technician.
The Management Information Systems Technician provides the Academy and the MIS team with high quality reliable student data to support the Academy with management decision making and provides its stakeholders with regular timely and accurate updates, statistical analysis and management reporting. Your role as Technician will be the administration and organisation of all aspects of internal and external examinations in accordance with regulations, procedures and deadlines laid down by Awarding Bodies to ensure minimal difficulties for all during the examinations period. The successful candidate will support the Head of MIS with target-setting, monitoring, analysis, evaluation and intervention data, including additional needs provision which includes access arrangements, social, emotional, behavioural, English as an additional language, and Gifted and Talented data. You will monitor the academic performance of the students through teacher assessments, and internal and external data sources, and will report on the analysis of academic performance and attendance for various stakeholders and the Self Evaluation Framework (SEF). You will assist in managing accurate attendance details for all students, implementing strategies as appropriate for improving overall and individual attendance figures. You will also be the primary contact for admissions.
Our support staff are a highly valued team at Westminster Academy, whose attention to detail, commitment to providing the best service possible, and passion for overcoming inequality in education has helped to transform student outcomes. At Westminster Academy we are proud of the close working relationships between our support staff and teaching staff. The level of interaction with students also makes the team indispensable to the student body and the Academy community.
The support staff team have been instrumental to the success of key systems that have been introduced to the Academy in the past two years to improve efficiency and safety, reduce waste and add capacity to teaching staff to enable them to carry out outstanding teaching and learning. Staff have worked alongside teaching colleagues, parents, carers, stakeholders and students to ensure the success of the Google suite, ParentPay, Firefly, Evolve, Entrysign, Nationwide cashless catering, School IP, as well as recycling and sustainability initiatives. Westminster Academy support staff are proud to be very much involved in whole school life, with an expectation to support students pastorally and be an outstanding role model.
If you are passionate about using your skills in Management Information Systems to improve standards and make a difference to the lives of young people, Westminster Academy would like to hear from you.
What we offer:
● An excellent programme of continuing professional development
● The chance to shape the future of support services provision, in collaboration with the leadership team and external education professionals
● Opportunities to work with the student body, including personal tutoring, mentoring, educational visits, UCAS/reflective project/extended essay support and extra-curricular provision
● The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
● Involvement in school and community events, such as International Evening, expressive arts performances, academic celebrations and hosting high profile visitors
● A commitment to staff well being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events and the end of term ‘WA Big Breakfast’
● Perkbox membership, which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance
Interview date: week commencing 29 October 2018
For further details and an application form, please visit: www.westminsteracademy.org.uk.
Please send completed application form and confidential declaration to:: email@example.com. CVs are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.