We are seeking an outstanding, competent, enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher of German and French ( Maternity Cover) to join a hugely popular, vibrant and innovative department with outstanding results.
Why choose us?
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust, based in Swindon. It is oversubscribed and incredibly proud 11-18 school with 1,781 students on roll including 365 students in our popular and successful Sixth Form.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to developing 'A growth mind-set' and we would welcome an application from fellow professionals who share that mind-set.
What we offer?
- The chance to work in an outstanding school, in December 2010 the school was awarded "Outstanding" in every area.
- A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location.
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to learn and develop.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
- Planning, resourcing and delivering enjoyable lessons of German to Key stage 5 and French to Key Stage 3 and possibly Key Stage 5.
- Create immersive learning experiences.
- Create opportunity for all students to achieve in languages, irrespective of ability.
The right candidate will have:
- Superb subject knowledge.
- Have a passion for teaching assessment groups.
- Work as a team member to deliver teaching and learning so that students continue to be aspirational, engaged and motivated.
- Be an excellent communicator who develops positive relationships with students and staff alike.
- Qualified teacher status.
- Passionate about Modern Foreign Languages.
- Well Presented.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 23 September 2021
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions and cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process.
If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
The ethos of the School is based on mutual respect, support and encouragement to bring out the best in people. We recognise that the quality of learning, teaching and behaviour are inseparable issues and that the vast majority of our pupils act in a ...