Due to our growing reputation and our increasing roll, we are seeking an inspirational teacher of Modern Languages to join our small, well-established but innovative team from September 2018. Applications are welcome from French and/or Spanish specialists. You will be joining a well-resourced department with a relentless focus on raising attainment, looking to recruit students to KS5 language courses. This would be a really exciting opportunity for either, an outstanding NQT, or an experienced teacher looking to develop their career in a forward-thinking school. (All NQTs are supported with an outstanding, bespoke induction and CPD programme.)
You will be responsible for planning and delivering high quality lessons and supporting your students to achieve excellent results, instilling in them a love for languages and a keenness to learn. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the capacity of the current supportive and enthusiastic team.
The successful candidate must be;
- Able to teach French and or Spanish to at least KS4 and have the potential to contribute to KS5 delivery in at least one language,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of our pupils,
- Passionate about Languages and their impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and help them to achieve excellent results,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Someone who has an excellent record of forging positive relationships with students to encourage great learning,
and someone who
- Has a passion for Foreign Languages, their people and their culture, and the ability to share this with young people, igniting their curiosity and their interest.
We will offer you;
- A positive learning culture,
- An ambitious senior leadership team with a clear vision for the future of the Academy
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
To find out more about Whitley Academy, please go to www.whitleyacademy.com or to find more details about the RSA Family of Academies, please visit www.rsaacademies.org.uk.
Informal visits are welcomed. Candidates should contact the Principal’s PA Mrs Baker, to make arrangements in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 18th June 2018 – 9:00AM
Interview Date: Week commencing 18th June 2018
Completed applications should be returned via email to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).