We are seeking dynamic and committed MOH Licensed Nurses to join us at the start of the next academic year. Over the past five years RAK Academy Family of Schools has grown significantly and our reputation for developing academic achievement and is well known as one of the international school of choice in Ras Al Khaimah.
Reporting to the School Doctor, the school nurse will support the school and assist in providing optimal learning opportunities by supplying the services needed to identify health related barriers to education and addressing each student's health needs thereby improving their ability to learn. He / She is responsible for the Health, Hygiene, and well-being of the Students and Staff of the School, incompliance with the regulations and ruling of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education.
- Provides Nursing Care and Health Education to Students in School. Ensuring Health & Safety for students.
- Provide in house awareness talks to staff regarding health, Hygiene and latest covid information.
- Ensure that Students, Staff and Parents adhere to, and are well informed of, immunization programs as per regulatory authority guidelines.
- Be available to students and staff to address their immediate medical needs, providing an accurate source of medical advice.
- Maintain comprehensive medical records of all students as regulated by the regulatory authorities.
- Report incidents or illness appropriately to the School Doctor and inform the School Heads and Parents.
- Conduct administrative duties – Attend medical conferences and courses for ongoing care and education. Assess patient care plans and identify areas of improvement to ensure the quality of care.
- Follow Up Care
- Provide direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff.
- Conduct school health services, including screening, assessment of immunization status, and tests for hearing, vision, and dental care as appropriate.
- Promote and protect the optimal health status of school-age children and staff.
- Obtain a health history.
- Screen and evaluate findings of deficit in vision, hearing, growth, etc.
- Observe the child for development and health patterns in making the nursing assessments.
- Identify abnormal health findings.
- Help in the implementation of a student health plan.
- Maintain accurate student medical records to assure compliance with MOH and M.O.E. mandates immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions.
- Implement school health management protocols.
- Provide emergency nursing management for sudden injuries/illnesses.
- Promote and assist in the control of communicable diseases.
- Maintain supplies of First Aid equipment and oversee restocking First Aid boxes and clinic supplies as required.
- Support procedures to be followed for the provision of First Aid and care during emergencies/safety procedures such as fire drill.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- MOH License (mandatory)
- First Aid Training certificate is preferred.
To apply for this position please use 'QUICK APPLY'
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
RAK Academy is an independent, co-educational international family of schools, situated in beautiful Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the northernmost emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport and 20 minutes’ drive from Ras Al K...