St Ignatius School, Toowong is a Catholic Primary school situated in the north western suburbs of Brisbane. We are a high quality inclusive Catholic school which prides itself on excellence in the education in our vibrant community. We ignite the light of faith in our students while fostering an holistic development. We continue our commitment to offering quality teaching and learning which draws on pedagogical practice that is data informed and evidence based and aligned with the Australian Curriculum and the BCE Learning Framework. We invest strongly in the professional learning of staff and value a growth mindset in students and staff alike.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teachers to join our close knit school community. These are fixed term full time teaching positions across our early to upper years of learning. Teachers who are open to collaborative and contemporary models of pedagogy are encouraged to apply.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): For the 2022 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Duncan Maitland
Contact Telephone Number: 33711094
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 19-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education