St Elizabeths Primary School, Tarragindi, is located about 9 kilometres south from Brisbane’s CBD. It has an approximate enrolment of 360 primary students. The school is well resourced, particularly in the area of technology, and there is a great community spirit. The students are challenged in their learning through our IREACH learning dispositions (I-Independent, R-Resilient, E- Enquire, A-Achieve, C- Collaborate, H - I am Hopeful & Positive) and parents are interested in and supportive of their childrens education. Our community spirit is regarded as one of our richest blessings and recognised as one of our greatest strengths. It provides the inspiration to work together to achieve our school mission.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teachers to join our school community. These are fixed term, full time positions teaching in the early and middle years.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As these positions require classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): for 2022 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Bronwyn Stutz
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3848 0828
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education