We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher specialising in The Arts (music and drama) for our Prep – Year 6 students. In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong understanding of the The Arts Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Brigid's School is a co-educational Catholic Primary School situated in Nerang in the beautiful Gold Coast hinterland, with an approximate enrolment of 425 students. The School was established in 1994 and is named after St. Brigid, one of the Patron Saints of Ireland. The St Brigid’s Way - Making Christ Present is in honour of St. Brigid. Through our curriculum and courses, celebration and worship rituals, our cultivation of the aesthetics and Religious Education program, we attempt as a School to give witness to the essential wholeness of the human experience - social, moral, physical, spiritual and intellectual development.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 3 days/wk (18 hrs/wk) - days negotiable
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Jo Duran
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5596 4188
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education