Arcadia School would like to appoint a committed, self-driven and experienced Music, Dance and Performance Teacher, with the ability to assist in the development and growth of performance aspects of the curriculum in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of music, dance and performance including supporting with the execution of end of term performances. This teacher would be a part-time role who sits within a team of two other specialists and an assistant teacher. Arcadia School aspire to develop confident students from a young age who hold a strong foundation which enables success in the performing arts later in their academic journey.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in the delivery of outstanding lessons for students in Foundation Stage 1 - Year 2
- Uphold responsibility for the monitoring and assessment of students attainment and progress
- Develop excellence amongst students by identifying exceptional learners and subsequently providing performance pathways
- Contribute to curriculum development and adaptation with particular attention to music, dance and performance aspects of the curriculum
- Willingness and ability to attend and run extra-curricular activities and end of term performances
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in a school environment ideally within the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1
- Minimum qualification of Bachelors in the relevant subject area
- Thorough knowledge of the EYFS and National Curriculum for KS1
- Proven results within the performing arts
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, students and parents
- Applicant on dependent visa preffered
Interviews will be conducted via zoom and the succesful applicant will need to provide a COVID negative result before joinng.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Criminal background check, References, Medical check
- Below 55 years of age
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years