Aldar Academies are seeking a high performing Music Teacher for Al Yasmina Academy commencing August 2019.
Al Yasmina Academy is a high performing school delivering the English National Curriculum from EYFS through to A Level. The internationally diverse school of over 1600 students has a strong research basis upon which it builds its school improvement strategy and curriculum. It is a Microsoft Showcase School and judged Outstanding by BSO (British Schools Overseas).
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidate will combine an excellent track record of successful leadership experience, developed in the UK or internationally, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to inspire the Al Yasmina community and manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are central to this role. The role requires strategic thinking with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding teaching and learning across all phases of the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the local community and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and Al Yasmina Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Bachelors of Education in Music or BA Degree in Music with PGCE is essential
• Minimum two years’ postgraduate teaching experience as Music Teacher
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
What we offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV should be submitted on TES
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.