ABOUT CRANBROOK SCHOOL
Cranbrook is an Anglican, independent day and boarding school, Pre-school to Year 12.
At Cranbrook our vision is to be a world class school which encourages and enables all of our students to explore, enjoy and fulfil their potential. We lead our students to discover and make the most of their talents, to thrive in, and love the pursuit of, excellence. As a school we energise the educational environment by offering a rich and distinctive schooling both within and beyond the curriculum and give powerful pastoral support. Cranbrook builds resilience and confidence so that each student can face the challenges of the twenty-first century with personal confidence, intellectual versatility, academic hunger and optimism.
ABOUT THE POSITION
An exciting opportunity to join a vibrant, ambitious and committed Music department. We are looking for an innovative and dynamic music educator to coordinate our contemporary programmes including our state-of-the-art Recording Studio. The position will involve teaching and resourcing Music 7-12, coordinating and leading co-curricular contemporary ensemble rehearsals, coordinating all studio activities and supporting all live concert activities. It may also include private teaching depending on the skillset of the applicant.
This is a full time, permanent position to commence in Term 1, 2020. We offer a competitive remuneration based on qualifications and experience.
• Music Education Qualifications
• Expertise in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, and Sibelius
• Demonstrated experience and success in building Contemporary programs.
• Demonstrated experience in producing high quality recordings.
• Demonstrated superior instrumental ability on an Instrument.
• Must be able to take ownership of tasks, demonstrate initiative and produce work of a consistently high standard;
• Must be a strategic thinker who can promote Contemporary excellence
• Highly organised, resourceful and have an ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines;
• Working with Children Clearance
• Current NESA accreditation and Teacher number
• IB/MYP experience and/or training
• Music 1 Experience
• Composition expertise
• Ableton Live expertise
Applicants must be excellent communicators, innovative, able to work well with boys, parents and other teachers and willing to take an active and committed part in the full life of the School, including co-curricular activities outside normal teaching hours.
How to apply
Applications should include a resume and cover letter which addresses the criteria/position requirements as well as the names and contact details of three referees. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
References will be requested for the
short- listed applicants.
Monday 11 November 2019