- Varied teaching opportunity working across 3 Catholic schools in Mount Isa
- Full-time contract position to end of 2018 with potential for extension
- Attractive remuneration, negotiable with experience + assistance with relocation including rental subsidy
- All experience levels considered - graduates welcome to apply
About the Opportunity
Townsville Catholic Education Office (TCEO) is a service organisation supporting 29 Catholic schools and employing more than 2,500 staff throughout the Diocese, stretching from Ingham in the north, out to Mount Isa and Charters Towers in the west.
TCEO is now inviting applications from Music Teachers to join their committed Music Department on a full-time, contract basis to the end of 2018. TCEO is happy to offer possible extension past this date in the same role and/or in another capacity within the Townsville Diocese, should opportunities become available.
This is a varied and unique teaching position that will see you implementing and delivering a cumulative, sequential and developmental Instrumental Music Programme for students from Year 3 to Senior Secondary, across 3 Catholic schools in Mount Isa:
- St Joseph's Catholic School (primary) - 2 days per week
- St Kieran's Catholic School (primary) - 1 day per week
- Good Shepherd Catholic College (secondary) - 2 days per week
This will include the direction of two instrumental ensembles (stage band and jazz band) and group lessons of a maximum of 4 students with beginner to intermediate playing abilities.
To be considered for this position you will be a tertiary qualified Music Teacher with Queensland College of Teachers Registration and/or the equivalent gained in another state or territory within Australia.
Previous experience with the 2017 Queensland Instrumental Music Curriculum and/or in tutoring instrumental music (Brass, Woodwind, Percussion and/or Voice) will be highly regarded, but is not mandatory, providing you hold the above qualifications.
TCEO is looking for candidates with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can engage students with their passion for music, and is confident liaising with students, staff and parents across the three schools.
Importantly, you will be comfortable working autonomously, have a flexible approach to your planning and lessons and be excited about the opportunity to live and work in regional Australia.
About the Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for a Teacher who is looking for a short-term contract opportunity, or someone who wants to try a tree-change adventure without committing to a permanent move to the outback!
TCEO is offering an attractive remuneration package, negotiable with skills and experience. For those people relocating to the area, TCEO will work with you to ensure a smooth transition and offers a range of additional benefits to this effect, including:
- $1,650 p/a remote area allowance;
- Minimum 25% rental subsidy;
- Relocation assistance $3,000 (single) or $6,000 (family) relocation; and
- An additional $1,000 for car relocation (For candidates not wishing to bring their car TCEO will put this money towards a hire car).
You will be welcomed into a friendly, supportive teaching and community environment and will be a valuable resource to the teaching team, providing a highly desired music service to the children in the Mount Isa community.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, so don't wait! If you are a Music Teacher looking for your next big adventure - Apply Now!