Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for every Pymble girl that is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
The College is seeking an experienced Music teacher to join our Secondary School on a full-time, temporary basis (maternity leave replacement) from 11 March 2019 – 6 December 2019.
• Be willing to support the ethos and values of the College
• Be a confident and effective classroom teacher with Stage 4 and 5 teaching experience
• Have expertise in conducting and tutoring strings groups
• Have the capacity to motivate and engage students in being part of the Strings Program
• Have an excellent understanding of the Music curriculum
• Be a positive and collaborative contributor to a successful department committed to improving educational outcomes
• Be confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
• Have a strong understanding of the application of technology to enhance learning
• Be a reflective professional engaged in ongoing development and research in relation to your practice
• Be committed to supporting student wellbeing
• Be willing to actively participate in the College’s coaching program and culture
• Possess the ability to demonstrate professional conduct and discretion at all times.
To learn more about this position, the calibre of person we are seeking to appoint, what makes Pymble an excellent place to work and continue your journey of professional growth; please visit the College website at www.pymblelc.nsw.edu.au
Applications close 3.00 pm Tuesday 11 December 2018.
Candidates must comply with the NSW Teacher Accreditation Act and provide a Working with Children Check.
Pymble Ladies' College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.