27.5 hours per week/Term Time only/Fixed Term Contract
To commence: as soon as possible or 1st September 2019 – Fixed Term to 31st August 2020
Salary: NJC Grade 4 Point 7 - Annual Full Time Salary £19 554 – Annual Pro Rata Salary - £12 431 per annum
Beechen Cliff School is looking to appoint a Music Technician to fulfil a number of different roles within the Music Department and across the school. These include:
• To be responsible for the checking, maintenance, replacement and storage of all musical instruments and equipment (including the Bands room and Recording Studio)
• Support the teaching of Music Technology at A’level and GCSE
• Promote and support students wishing to play in rock/pop bands including the promoting and organising of 3 showcase Bands Nights per academic year.
• Support students using the Recording Studio
• To provide sound, lighting and audio-visual technical support for school events and assemblies
There is the possibility that the successful candidate would also teach electric guitar and/or bass guitar in weekly lessons to individual students (this would be salaried separately on the peripatetic music teacher scale).
In recent years, the school has begun to teach GCSE and A Level Music Technology and electric guitar. There is a developing culture within the school of students wanting to play in rock/pop bands and twice a year the school puts on a hugely successful and well supported Bands Night. The Music Department is purpose built and includes a well equipment bands room, recording studio, many peripatetic practice rooms, a large Recital Room and a Music Technology suite.
There is huge potential for these activities within the music department to grow so we have created this new role for the appointed person to provide the energy, drive and expertise to turn this potential into a reality. Ideally, the appointed person should have a working background of playing in bands, who knows the industry and who has a good level of technical expertise. The person should be enthusiastic about sharing this expertise with young people who are eager to learn. It would also be an advantage for the appointed person to teach electric guitar and/or bass guitar.
Beechen Cliff is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.