The position of teacher of MYP Digital Design & DP Computer Science Teacher reports to the MYP & DP Coordinators and Upper School Principal. MYP Digital Design Teacher and DP Computer Science creates a positive and supportive learning environment and develops activities so that students are able to practice the language in a meaningful context. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver Computer Science & Digital Design to MYP and DP students in Moscow campus.
● University degree;
● Degree in computer engineering, programming, computer science or a related field
● Academic background in MYP & DP - Digital Design and Computer Science;
● Teaching qualification/ license is a must;
● Ability to teach native and non-native speakers of English;
● Good teaching and communication skills, both written and verbal
● Teaching experience and willingness to work with students aged 11-18;
● Excellent lifelong learning skills;
● Excellent organisational and time management skills;
● High sense of responsibility & flexibility;
● Adaptable and flexible to the requirements of the school;
● MYP training desirable;
● Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the IB DP is ideal (internal and external training will be provided as required).
● Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, students, parents and staff.
● Be able to extend gifted and talented artists;
● Ability to teach some lessons of PYP Computer Science &/or Digital Design, if needed.
● To plan and deliver lessons in accordance to MYP & DP requirements;
● To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students;
● To assign, correct and mark work carried out by students;
● To assess students following the MYP & DP guidelines;
● To promote the IB philosophy through lessons;
● To promote and educate pupils about academic honesty;
● To translate current technological developments into student experiences;
● To record and report students’ progress as per the school’s guidelines;
● To communicate, consult and co-operate with other members of the school staff and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students;
● To adopt the role of form tutor to care for the pastoral needs of the students;
● To carry out other duties as may from time to time be requested.
● To be responsible for student progress, welfare and outcomes (IB DP).
● Suitable remuneration for this post is offered;
● Annual travel allowance and visa costs coverage;
● Medical insurance;
● Bursary for staff children;
● Fully furnished accommodation with tenant management support;
● Performance Related Outcome based on performance results and appraisal process;
● Free breakfasts & lunches;
● Professional Development within school;
● Yoga lessons, swimming pool, etc.
Web site: www.moscow.brookes.org
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- Criminal background check, Medical check, References
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School