Due to the continuing expansion of the academy, we require a new qualified Maths teacher to join our experienced maths department for September 2018.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree to be considered for this post.
The Harris Academy Morden Maths team is very experienced and high performing. The team have been together for five years and many members hold additional responsibilities across the academy.
We have a unique ‘leadership’ training programme within the department, where the next Key Stage leader or Head of Department is developed to ensure consistency, job satisfaction and longevity of personal within the department.
Harris Academy Morden has a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. We are traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. The academy's GCSE results in 2017 place us in the top 1% of schools nationally with a Progress 8 score of +1.01.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is able to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
- QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy. We have a two-week October half term holiday to balance the longest term of the year.
- A sensible approach to marking to ensure high quality feedback, but not at the expense of work/life balance.
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network.
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package.
- A disciplined and well-organised place to learn and teach. Teaching and learning is at the centre of our drive for improvement.
- ‘A Good Academy with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour’: Ofsted Dec 2014.
- With outcomes consistently outstanding and in the top 5% nationally, the academy expects to achieve Outstanding at the next inspection.
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development. In addition to our own programmes, our professional learning is closely aligned with the Federation and we are able to offer a full range of development including Masters and NPQH. For a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.