£18,933 - £20,092 FTE Actual Salary £16,164.66- £17,154.20
33.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Inspire their Remarkable with us
Beacon Academy is situated in Loughborough, with approximately 360 children on r ole including a Moderate Learning Difficulty (MLD) resource base. Our staff are embracing the changes because we have huge potential and a commitment to rapid improvement.
This will be a highly rewarding role with the potential to make a significant and sustained impact on our school and community in which it sits. Beacon Academy is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) national network of over 57 primary, secondary and special academies.
Our new Nursery Assistant will be responsible, in the first instance, for supporting children in our nursery.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Level 3 qualification in childcare (or above)
- Have experience of supporting and adapting learning for pupils in a nursery setting
- Have experience of working with young people
- Have experience of supporting children with SEND and Emotional and Behavioural Needs, which are often challenging and complex.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude
We believe passionately that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us at Beacon Academy. We know this vision requires something extra, which is why at AET, you’ll find more:
- more opportunities, so you can forge your own path,
- more care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most,
- more training and development, so you can get better at what you do - varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- more support for you and your loved ones - a health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- more technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you.
- more tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching
- more reward - a generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- more possibilities - to inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices, we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
We are a large primary school on the edge of Loughborough with an MLD Special Provision and Nursery.
Beacon is a great place to be where children are at the centre of what we do....