Why work for JFK Play School?
Are you looking for a new, challenging role assisting in setting up our new JFK Play School?
Would you like to work in a private nursery school set in the heart of the Saanenland surrounded by mountains and scenic landscapes?
On 8th January 2018, John F. Kennedy International School will be opening the JFK Play School for children between the ages of two and a half and four years old. We follow the Early Years curriculum that is based on age appropriate social, emotional, cognitive and physical developments.
It is our priority to hire qualified, knowledgeable Early Years providers who are creative, enthusiastic and caring to deliver high quality early education essential for the healthy development of children.
We are committed to continuing the ethos which has become synonymous with JFK, and to ensure we instill a lifelong love of learning in each and every child.
Nursery Assistant - starting 1st December 2017
- To work as a member of the JFK Play School under the direction of the Nursery Teacher and the School Director to support children in all areas of learning.
- To support a range of high quality, integrated educational services appropriate to the personal welfare, educational and developmental needs of the children in the nursery.
- To assist in the preparation of a well-ordered, secure and stimulating environment that fosters all-round development of the children through sensitive understanding of their individual needs and interests.
- To participate in Early Years curriculum planning and attend any relevant team meetings.
- To assist the Nursery Teacher to supervise and support children both indoors and outdoors to ensure a safe environment.
- To contribute to the writing of children’s records in accordance with the agreed policies.
- To involve parents/care-givers in their child’s progress through daily informal contact, record keeping and plan meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times (especially snack / meal times and bathroom times).
- To work within the framework of policies and procedures of the JFK Play School as this is a new addition to the school.
- To participate in trainings, workshops, staff meetings, supervision and contribute to school policies.
- To attend to children who are unwell and determine the appropriate treatment. To record accidents/incidents and inform the Main Office / parents accordingly.
- To carry out all duties with due regard for health and safety at work regulations and safeguarding the welfare of children at all times.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed and commensurate with the level and responsibility of the position.
- Minimum qualification NVQ Level 2 in childcare.
- Fluent or near-fluent level of English, good understanding of German required (French an advantage).
- Experience of working with young children in an educational setting.
- Passion for teaching and supporting young children.
- A person with efficient organisational skills, good oral and communication skills.
- An ability to be flexible, show initiative and develop new skills.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to the life of the school.
- Empathy for children’s needs and feelings across the age range.
- Must hold a current First Aid certificate and a valid European/Swiss Driving License (useful not required).
- A person prepared to actively promote the school’s values and to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
- A sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A person suitable to work with children.
- A competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Working in a ‘Small School with a Big Heart’ with a team of innovative and international staff.
- The opportunity to actively participate and contribute in the educational development of the school.
- Additional benefits (e.g. pension scheme contribution, private accident insurance coverage, fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our Chef, etc).
John F. Kennedy International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be subject to an criminal check and reference checks.
Interested in joining our JFK family?
Please note that we are only able to consider applicants with an European passport / Swiss work permit due to permit restrictions. Please send your application with a letter of application, complete Curriculum Vitae (including details of employment, educational qualifications) and letters of references to: Head of Business & Administration, Mrs. Zannie Odobasic-Leong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30th September 2017
Contact: Mrs. Zannie Odobasic-Leong
Telephone: +41 33 744 13 72
John F. Kennedy International School
8 Chilchgasse, 3792 Saanen
Co-Educational Day & Boarding School
Age Range: 2.5-14