Nursery Nurses required from September 2018 for our nurseries for 2, 3 and 4 year olds 5 days per week, term time only
36 hours per week
Orion and Goldbeaters primary schools make up the Gold Star Federation and we have a wonderful staff team and fantastic children who all make our two schools and four nurseries great places to work.
We are looking for several professional and capable Nursery Nurses, with experience of working with children from aged two to five to work in our nurseries at the Gold Star Federation from September.
You will be expected to work well as part of a team, build positive relationships with pupils and families and be familiar with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. You will be responsible for a group of key children and complete observations to track their learning and development in line with EYFS.
You should have:
- Full and relevant Childcare and Education Qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3 and have experience of working with children aged 2-5 years (essential)
- Paediatric first aid qualification (optional) and will have sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to 5 years
- A good understanding of the EYFS Curriculum
- Experience of planning and leading age appropriate activities
- Experience of record keeping
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues, parents and outside agencies.
- The ability to work flexibly and adapt to the needs of the children
- A commitment to raising standards
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English
We can offer:
- An inclusive and caring ethos
- A committed and dedicated staff
- Enthusiastic and friendly children and parents
For an informal chat about the role please call the Orion before the end of term (20 July) and ask to speak to Mr Ellis, our EYFS Leader.
For an application form, job description and person specification please see Barnet Jobs website: www.jobs.barnet.gov.uk or contact: The Orion Primary School office: email@example.com
Closing date: 27 July 2018.
Interview date 14 August 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to two satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
THE ORION PRIMARY SCHOOL
Grahame Park Way
London NW7 2AL
0208 205 9324
Head teacher: Mr Chris Flathers