North Town Nursery are looking for an experienced Nursery Practitioner who ideally holds a level 3 Early Years qualification to work within a fantastic day nursery in the centre of Taunton.
The successful applicant will assist with the general running of day to day tasks within the nursery including working with and supporting the children, enhancing the nursery through the planning and delivery of interesting and exciting activities, observations and preparation of meals.
All applicants should have a strong desire to work with, and care for children. They should be kind, enthusiastic, patient and able to work in harmony with other like-minded people to provide children with the best possible learning opportunities, within a safe, stimulating and happy environment.
North Town Nursery provides high quality care and education for 28 children (FTE) aged 2-4, open 49 weeks of the year from 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- able to follow all safeguarding policies and procedures of the nursery
- able to inspire all children
- able to use own initiative
- able to communicate effectively
What our nursery can offer:
- a caring and energetic team
- an opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young people
- a welcoming and enthusiastic working environment
- genuine opportunities for career progression
General information and benefits:
- Full-time, 38 hours per week, Monday - Friday (working 4 out of 5 days)
- 6.4 weeks holiday per year, including bank holidays, of which 4 days must be reserved for Christmas. (A bank holiday adjustment may be made depending on the work pattern).
The Trust reserves the right to appoint or withdraw this advert before the deadline, if necessary.
North Town Nursery is part of the Richard Huish Trust and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
North Town Primary School and Nursery