This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has had Nursery nurse experience and is looking for the next step in a more managerial post. The nursery are looking for someone who is level 3 qualified Ideally with EYT or QTS. The role is 45 hours per week over 4.5 days (different half day off depending on needs of nursery).
• To oversee the day to day running of the room, ensuring that nursery policies and procedures are implemented consistently.
• To provide a high standard of care and education for the children in line with the nursery’s policies and procedures, the Early Years Foundation Stage and OFSTED requirements and support other members of the team to do so.
• To support other staff within the setting.
• To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
• To build and maintain effective partnerships with parents to enable children’s needs to be met and support other team members to do so.
Staff are expected to provide support for each other, to cover for each other’s areas of work during absences, to share information and to contribute generally to the smooth running of the nursery. Staff may also be required to undertake other duties within their capabilities.
This is an independent nursery for children aged 3 months to 5 years. Babies (from 3 months) benefit from a bright and airy room. The room is split into 2 areas; a messy play area where each baby is encouraged to develop through creative and sensory activities and the main play room. They operate a 1:3 ratio in the Baby Room.
The Tweenies Room is designed to help Tweenies to start learning how to become independent. It is full of sensory toys, texture and plenty of new opportunities for the Tweenies to engage and explore! They operate a 1:3 ratio in the Tweenies Room for children aged under 2 years and a 1:4 ratio for those aged 2 and over.
Toddlers enjoy activities structured around their changing interests. They operate a 1:4 ratio in the Toddler Room.
The pre-school is a large bright and spacious area and has 2 base rooms, each with a creative area for messy play, a home corner, a reading corner, computers and a free play space. They operate a 1:8 ratio in the Pre-school room.
• Completion of a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification, e.g. Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and
• Completion of Safeguarding Awareness
• Successful experience of working as a Nursery Nurse/Senior Nursery Nurse
• A positive approach to completing relevant courses, qualifications and undertake professional development as required
• Experience of working with children on a one-to-one basis and in small groups with children aged 0-5
• Ability to communicate and engage effectively with children, families, carers, colleagues
• Experience of providing personal care to children and recognising their individual needs
• Experience of working in line with the EYFS framework and requirements
• Experience of record keeping, planning and report writing
• Full time positions get 1 hour 15 mins paid break each day.
• The Nursery also offer reward vouchers, high street discount card, loyalty bonus, bike to work scheme and more.
Vision For Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
How to Apply
If you would like more information about the role contact Nilo Noori and send your CV across to email@example.com, or call on 0207 065 7536.
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
- Supply agency