RMF Construction Training Academy offers a range of accredited courses geared at equipping candidates with the necessary qualifications to enable them to work in the Construction and Rail Industry, as well as providing them with transferable qualifications which are desired across the both sectors. The courses we offer are often pre-requisites in obtaining relevant cards which are mandatory on construction and network rail sites nationwide.
RMF is looking for NVQ Rail Assessors to work within Prisons delivering an NVQ Level 2 in Railway Engineering qualification. If you have excellent communication skills, a track record of working in an assessment related environment with rail and teaching experience then RMF would like to hear from you.
These new exciting job opportunities have become available within the expanding business of RMF and offer a challenging but highly rewarding role with excellent career development.
- To assess learners through a 10-week Railway Engineering Track Maintenance Course.
- Complete the assessment process for learners to achieve a Level 2 diploma in Rail Engineering Track Maintenance
- Keep timely progression reviews with learners.
- To carry out initial assessments and support learners through recording, tracking, documenting, portfolio building and discussing progress.
- To negotiate Individual Learning Plans which identify soft and hard targets and additional needs as appropriate.
- To deliver tutorials and tuition ensuring formative and summative marking/assessment is undertaken according to established guidelines.
- To assess students according to RMF guidelines and procedures.
- To provide a high quality learning experience for all students through developing best practice in learning, teaching and assessment promoting differentiation, standardisation and continuity.
- To review and monitor student progress through recording, tracking, documentation.
- To liaise with other RMF and college funding partners when required regarding training / assessment / learner welfare.
- To develop and monitor resources for student use promoting differentiation and equality and diversity.
- To provide initial advice and guidance including interviewing potential students and offering APL guidance where relevant.
- To complete and submit documentation/administration associated with role and responsibilities, accurately and timely.
- To contribute to continuous professional development.
- To attend RMF standardisation meetings and also other relevant meetings as required.
- To go through the vetting process to work within HMP establishments
- To uphold site security & environment.
- To understand, brief and be responsible for the welfare and safeguarding of learners while under your supervision.
- To support students to achieve within a timely manner through observation, assessment and guidance.
To be considered for the role of NVQ Rail Assessor you will need;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the rail industry, preferably in P-way/maintenance, Hold PTS/TIC
• Hold Teaching and assessor qualification
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Full Clean Driving license
• Clean criminal record essential as post is subject to DBS and Security clearance check
• Health and Safety Knowledge