The Mercian Trust is a group of schools working together under a common banner and an over-arching structure of governance but retaining their autonomy as custodians of their unique heritage, distinct identity and successful operation. Students in the Mercian Trust are part of a family of schools forming an educational community.
At present, the Trust is made up of 6 schools: Aldridge School, Queen Mary’s High School, Queen Mary’s Grammar School, Shire Oak Academy, The Ladder School and Walsall Studio School. More information about these schools can be found on their individual school websites.
Our mission at the Mercian Trust is to end educational inequality and ensure our students achieve outstanding outcomes. It drives all the things we do. We set ambitious goals for all and we need ambitious people to support our students to achieve them. We want to make sure that every child and young person we work with can have an opportunity to succeed in life.
We champion innovation and promote positive change in the children and young people we work with.
• Support vulnerable learners to manage their wellbeing and mental health?
• Raise and nurture the confidence of our learners?
• Share in our vision for creating engaged learners in stimulating environments that meet all learners’ needs?
• Provide the necessary capacity for hard work, the tenacity to see the job through and celebrate success?
We are looking to appoint an Occupational Therapist to work across the Mercian MAT
• To provide an effective and efficient Occupational therapy service to a group of Trust schools, working collaboratively with multi-agency partners to support children and young people to achieve positive outcomes.
• To contribute and work collaboratively with the Trust’s wellbeing provision leads to meet the needs of vulnerable children and young people, in particular those with occupational therapy needs.
• To plan and deliver a student-centred occupational therapy service to a personal caseload of children and young people.
For further details, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Full Time / Part Time - Fixed term contract for 24 months from commencement of post, with possibility of the post being extended dependent on future funding.
Informal conversations are welcomed and encouraged. Please feel free to contact Lin Koo, Executive PA to the CEO on 01922 211388 or Koo.L@the.merciantrust.org.
Applications should be made using the TES application form.
Please submit a letter/statement no longer than 2 sides of A4 outlining the following:
• How your recent and relevant experience has prepared you for this post
• How the impact of your work to date is an appropriate foundation for you to undertake this role
Closing date: Monday 25th January 2021, 12noon
The Mercian Trust School is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Direct Barring Service disclosure.
The Mercian Trust
- English secondary schools