Are you an efficient administrator looking for a term time role where you can support the children in our wonderful school.
We have an opportunity for an experienced and proactive administrator to join our friendly, welcoming and busy team.
At Cordwalles, relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community. The School offers a vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum and we work hard to meet the needs of all our pupils. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
In December 2013, we became an academy within GLF Schools. Through this partnership, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and practice across a range of schools.
Cordwalles is an exceptional learning environment with a real community spirit. It provides children with a high degree of challenge combined with personalised support. Our core purpose each day is to facilitate engagement in, and for, learning and discovery. Our staff share a commitment to delivering exciting and engaging lessons and to a relentless drive towards raising the attainment of all pupils, regardless of their different starting points. Cordwalles is graded as a ‘GOOD’ school in all areas by Ofsted (2017).
The successful candidate will work within the administration team to support the teaching team and enable them to achieve the highest standards of learning and achievement.
We offer excellent CPD opportunities and career development within our family of schools.
• the opportunity to join a small and friendly team where you can make a real difference to our children.
• a varied and interesting role where your contribution will be highly valued.
• supportive colleagues and senior leaders.
• access to excellent training and career progression opportunities through our partnership with GLF schools.
• a location with good road and public transport links.
• benefits including Local Government Pension Scheme
The successful candidate must:
• have strong literacy skills and be an excellent communicator.
• have good organisational skills and the ability to remain calm when juggling priorities.
• be able to demonstrate good IT skills in a range of software including Microsoft Office and school database packages such as SIMS.
• be a flexible and positive team player with a good sense of humour.
The role is part of a job share that enables our school office to be supervised from 8.15am - 4pm Monday to Friday. At present the job share is for 2 1/2 days per week but there may be some flexibility over hours of work by agreement with the current post holder. Hours of work will be therefore approx 18 per week.
We would encourage candidates to visit us in order to get a better feel for our settings. Please contact the school office 01276 23298 to make an appointment.
Closing date: Monday 5th March 2018 (9am)
Please note that all applications will be considered upon receipt and for an exceptional candidate an appointment may be made before the closing date. Therefore, it is recommended that if you wish to apply for this position you do so as soon as possible.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.