We have a fantastic opportunity for a confident, friendly and flexible individual to join our strong and supportive admin team and to make a difference to the outcomes of the children and young people attending our school.
The successful candidate will be a hard-working and motivated individual who will lead the front office administration function and provide a diverse range of secretarial and administrative duties for the school. This is a busy and varied role for someone who is pleasant and welcoming and has the capacity to remain calm and cope with the unexpected. They will be confident with the use of Microsoft Office, able to remain professional when handling confidential material, be an excellent communicator and ideally, have experience of working in a busy office environment within a school setting. They will also be responsible for promoting a professional and friendly point of call to all parents and visitors to the school, ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently. Working 30 hours a week over 40 weeks of the year, the successful candidate will be proactive, willing and enjoy interacting with our children, visitors and colleagues.
About Southgate Primary
Southgate Primary School is an improving school situated in the heart of the Crawley Community. At Southgate Primary School we want every child to succeed and we give them opportunities and experiences which opens their eyes to the possibilities ahead of them and provides the skills and knowledge to help them reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
-Excellent IT skills and is competent using a range Microsoft packages
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Preferably experienced in working in a school environment
- Educated to GCSE level with Maths and English
Why work at Southgate:
• Committed to making a difference to children's lives by supporting the work in our improving school
• An opportunity to develop your skills and be part of a team committed to supporting the school
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• The opportunity to work in an expanding and developing Educational Trust, GLF.
Start Date - As soon as possible pending all pre-employment compliance checks
Hours – 30 hours a week to be worked across 4 days (8-4pm), 40 weeks of the year (Term time plus 1 week)
Salary - GLF Associate 3, Point 10, FTE
Salary – £22,421
Actual Pro-rata Salary - £16,486
Closing date for applications – Wednesday 24th February 2021
Interview date – Wednesday 3rd March 2021 – interview will take place via video link
Southgate Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
At Southgate Primary School we believe every child should achieve their personal best, make good progress and experience success.
We provide our children with a rich and stimulating curriculum that captivates and enthuses. Learning is made relevant a...