The Tes Marketplace is a global education platform where teacher-authors sell and share their lessons, resources & activities to customers worldwide.
As an Author Success: Onboarding/Business Development Executive you will be responsible for conducting high-level, informative conversations with leads and sellers of teaching resources, to support them in listing their high-quality products & resources on Tes. With your consultative sales techniques, you will guide them towards success in their first 30 days, by helping them take advantage of tools, opportunities and best practices for success on Tes.
You must be a quick learner who is motivated and goal-driven, with strong people skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of Tes Resources’ Author Success pipeline activities. The main areas of focus include:
Converting warm leads/prospective authors
• Using consultative sales techniques and product knowledge you will guide authors through the sales funnel from enquiry/interest to onboard (upload first listings), developing trusted relationships and brand recognition
• Follow up with Leads who visit site/upload process but don’t upload (do not complete onboarding journey)
• Efficiently managing and tracking progress of potential authors through to ‘live’ authors using our Salesforce CRM system
• Converting a target volume of new authors per week, track & report on these results on a weekly basis
Working with new authors to first sales
• Analysis of weekly new authors, their sales & resource volume to determine priorities & opportunities for resource sales
• Outreach to new authors who have recently uploaded resources to encourage them to list more resource products & drive their first sales (first 30 days)
• Re-contact authors with under 10 listings / haven’t sold within 30 days to give guidance on improving performance of resources, leveraging internal tools such as Resource Manager Tool to drive content uploads in bulk
• Reporting on sales driven by new authors in their first 30 days
Owning the Onboarding Journey
• Owning the onboarding journey on-site and over email, from ‘Sell your resources’ CTAs to dashboard messaging
• Work with stakeholders in product and CRM to identify opportunities to enhance and drive success from onboarding journey
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate will be highly organised, enjoy paying attention to detail and working in a fast-paced, commercially focused environment. They will have an outstanding customer service ethos and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required Skills and experience
• Experience of working in a similar inside sales role in digital marketplaces, professional services, training/coaching, education, recruitment or similar sector
• Experience of providing individual customer focused service
• Experience in working to targets
• Ability to manage data in Salesforce: Leads, Contacts, Opportunities, Conversion
• Strong CS mindset, education knowledge advantageous
• Data driven, target-focused
• Excellent phone manner & natural communicator
• Experience of standard sales KPIs, data analysis and evaluating activities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic and high level of personal responsibility
How To Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the apply button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, salary expectations and a covering note explaining why your skills and experience match what we are looking for. The closing date for applications is 30 September 2017.