Acorn Digital Learning - Maths, English and/or Science Teachers
Hours: Part time- Usually 4pm, 5pm, 6pm Monday- Thursday
Salary: £30,000 pro rata
Location: Home based using a virtual classroom
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for talented teachers/ tutors to join our new Twilight Tuition Programme as part of our Online School at Acorn Digital Learning.
About the School
Acorn Digital Learning, supports children who are unable to attend mainstream education. We are a “school in the cloud” who specialise in working with looked after children and children who cannot access mainstream education as they are between placements, have complex health or because they are in danger of exclusion. The online school provides a live platform for teaching and learning through a remote network of home based teachers and delivers live lessons in small groups via online classrooms.
We are expanding our work with these extra-ordinary young people by creating an evening catch up tuition provision to help support progress and attainment for children who have fallen behind in their learning. We aim to deliver a high quality of education to students aged 9 to 16 years
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Education and Care Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Education and Care provide education for over 50 schools and care for over 90 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
Our Teachers are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment. Smaller class sizes mean you can focus on building a purposeful learning environment that meets individual educational needs of pupils, helping to narrow the gap for pupils who are behind where they should be.
We teach live lessons in small groups via online classrooms. Our teachers work from home and are fully supported by excellent technical back-up. If you are interested in helping us transform lives through learning, we’d love to hear from you.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for teachers and tutors who will focus on the positive outcomes for our children and will take responsibility for helping improve their quality of learning.
You will have a proven ability to deliver high quality lessons. Although not essential, some virtual classroom experience would be helpful and ability to teach another subject may be an advantage. The post is a part time, permanent position, working in the evenings throughout the school year and all of our teachers are expected to have significant face to face classroom experience and have QTS status or equivalent.
Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent support skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important. The successful person will have innovative ideas who can inspire even the most disengaged learners.
If you are looking to join a dedicated team that will welcome your ideas and aim to re-engage the young people we teach, we would like to hear from you. We focus on the positive outcomes of our children and take responsibility for helping improve the lives of our young people.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs.
- Contributing and cooperating with other staff and professional agencies as appropriate to the needs of the children.
- Teaching pupils with high functioning autism and other complicated learning needs
- Up to date knowledge on high functioning autism and other complicated needs
- An in depth understanding of attachment and an ability to apply in teaching and learning
- Experience of supporting vulnerable young people who have demonstrated challenging or complex behaviours
- Experience of using IT effectively
- Qualified to Degree level and QTS required
- The ability to follow instructions from the Senior Leadership Team and also be able to work independently
- The ability to manage behaviour effectively
- Ability to recognise small steps of progress in young people’s journey and development
- SEN experience desired but not essential
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
No two days are ever the same
“Your Wellbeing Matters”
Employee Rewards Hub
This position is due to commence later in the Summer Term 2021 or earlier if possible - subject to approved reference/DBS checks.
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Education and Care website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact the recruitment team on 01204558055 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Acorn Digital Learning
- Special needs with independent funding