Operations Director, Home Counties for the Priory Group, the UK’s leading specialist care and education provider
Start: January or March 2018 (depending on candidate’s notice period)
Salary: Basic £85K-£90k pa, Car Allowance Health Care, Pension, Bonus Scheme
Location: Surrey or West London with 3 days a week visiting schools across the South East
The Priory Group, the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist care and education for young pupils aged 5 to 25, is offering a rare opportunity for a new Operations Director to oversee the South-East region.
This Operations Director will lead a portfolio of educational and residential services for young people with an annual turnover in excess of £5m. Line management responsibility will include: two Headteachers who lead the Priory Lodge School, Roehampton and Unsted Park School, Surrey, an Operations Manager responsible for 7 BESD standalone children’s homes, and an Executive Headteacher responsible for 6 CAMHs schools averaging 15 young pupils in each.
The Operations Direction is supported by a Business Manager and central infrastructure totalling approximately 250 staff.
The right candidate will be a driven high achiever with a strong commercial focus and from an educational background. This role will be challenging offering diversity within an organization at a time of exciting growth and financial reward.
Scope for this role will include:
- Provide vision, professional leadership, management and direction for the services, driving continuous improvement and innovation through the site leaders, promoting high quality standards of service to the young people, in line with regulatory bodies.
- Provide strong and effective commercial and financial leadership and insight, ensuring costs are well-managed and revenue budgets are exceeded, in order to sustain continued investment in the service, and to drive growth. This will include responsibility for acquisitions and bids within the area covered by the role.
- Develop effective relationships, at all levels across all relevant stakeholders; to include local authorities, Industry and internal colleagues, other professionals, regulators, children and parents/carers. To use these relationships to develop and grow the services and to meet and exceed census targets.
The appointed candidate will match the below criteria:
- An experienced individual who has previously led and managed a portfolio of educational and/or social care sites, holding QTS, NPQH and/or a Social Work degree or equivalent qualification.
- Proven commercial ability to deliver budgetary and growth commitments, and be able to track and record the effectiveness of commissioning and funding arrangements for new sites within the region.
- Ability to set up and run processes that are effective in ensuring compliant and safe delivery of innovative education and care service, providing high quality support for its users.
- Previous experience of working at a management/leadership level in Schools, Trusts, Academies and/or Children’s Homes/ Services is essential.
This role is applied to via submission of a CV and Cover Letter by Monday 9th October 2017 @ 12 noon.
For a conversation in full confidence and to arrange a school visit, please contact Robert Cattermole, Senior Executive Recruiter Tel: 01223-90-79-71 Mobile: 07825-346-535 Email: email@example.com