Agency: Department of Education
Work unit: Quality School Systems and Support
Job title: Operations Officer
Designation: Administrative Officer 3
Job type: Full Time
Duration: Fixed to 01/07/2022
Salary: $62,773 - $67,746
Position number: 19318 RTF: 203821
Contact: Narelle Jones on 08 8944 9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the agency : https://education.nt.gov.au/
Apply online : https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=203821
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
Provide operational and administrative support to schools in the Top End Region with a focus on travel, relocations and compliance activities.
Quality School Systems and Support (QSSS) Top End is responsible for providing strategic leadership, operational support and advice to 36 Northern Territory (NT) Government schools ensuring the implementation of NT and Commonwealth Government policies and department strategic priorities. This work unit operates in a very busy and demanding environment requiring a high level of resilience and ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Facilitate and coordinate travel and relocations in accordance with the NTG Policy, Conditions of Employment and Public Sector Employment and Management Act and Bylaws.
2. Provide financial administration services including procurement of goods and services, reconciliation and account payments in accordance with the Financial Guidelines, Delegations and agency practices.
3. Deliver efficient and professional customer service for the Palmerston Education Office.
4. Provide high level of confidential and administrative services to the Top End QSSS team.
5. Maintain accurate database and record management systems for compliance documentation.
6. Undertake projects and research issues to support continuous improvement of the agency.
1. Demonstrated resilience, flexibility and strong organisational skills with experience in adapting to ongoing change and working under pressure to provide effective support and meet deadlines.
2. Demonstrated sound written and oral communication skills with adherence to relevant policy and processes.
3. Experience in processing high volumes of data ensuring data integrity and the ability to interrogate this data.
4. Proven experience in administration functions including report preparation, information management and development of processes.
5. Demonstrated computer literacy skills, including experience with the effective use of a range of office applications and spread sheets.
6. Self-motivated with the ability to track and manage workload as well as working collaboratively to achieve results.
1. Understanding of the agency’s structure and business objectives or the ability to gain in a timely manner.
2. A qualification relevant to the position.
The successful applicant must have a Current Working with Children Clearance Notice (Ochre Card) or ability to obtain prior to commencement.
Approved: December 2020
Narelle Jones, Director Quality Systems and Support
Department of Education, Northern Territory Government