Start Date: Immediately
Closing date: Friday 2 February 2018
Interviews: W/C Monday 5 February 2018
Contract type: Permanent 2 x part time contract, 22.5 hour a week contract, 5 days per week during term time.
Term time hours: 7:30 - 9:00 and 3:00pm – 6:00pm.
Holiday hours: You will be required to work periods during half term, Easter and Summer Club
A flexible working pattern is available during the holiday periods to suit business needs.
Due to a significant increase in pupil numbers, we require another member to join our team. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic play worker with a passion for working with children, for Kings Priory Out of School Club. Ideally you should be able lead on internal and external actiivties, and having the experience in delivering a sports session would also be desirable.
In addition if you have a creative artistic flair and an interest in gardening this would be beneficial for our team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with the team to ensure excellent care, play opportunities and activities in a homely, nurturing, and safe environment.
• Creating and developing a programme of age appropriate activities to meet the individual development needs of the children.
• Liaising with parents and staff in order to ensure we provide effective communication.
• Ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of children in the club.
• As you will be working during our activity camps, we would welcome a candidate that has experience of delivering activities such as sport.
• Experience of working with pupils with a wide range of needs including, dyslexia, ADHD, Attachment disorder, and/or visual impairment would be desirable.
• The Out of School Club will run on weekdays in term times, on school INSET days and during the school holidays. We provide care for pupils from First to Middle School inclusive.
Kings Priory School
Kings Priory School is an all-through school providing high quality education to pupils aged 4 to 19. The result of a merger between a thriving independent school and an outstanding community primary school, we are an inclusive, non-fee paying School with excellent teachers, a family environment, motivated pupils and a commitment to educating the whole child, both in and outside of the classroom. Kings Priory School was recently placed as joint-top performing state school in the region for its GCSE performance in 2016 and remains a top performing school in 2017, ranking no.1 for attainment in The Real Schools Guide 2017. This comes after The Chronicle named us in 2016 as having the joint best GCSE results in the North East last year, with 92% of pupils achieving at least 5 A*-C GCSEs including Maths and English. Amongst other top headlines, 96% of pupils received an A*-C in Mathematics and in English. It was a very similar picture in 2017 with 95 % of pupils achieving a 4 (new grading) or above in English and 93 % above a 4 in Mathematics.
The School operates across two neighbouring sites in the centre of the attractive coastal village of Tynemouth with short commuting links into Newcastle upon Tyne. Kings Priory School is part of Woodard Academies Trust multi-academy sponsor whose aim is to be a provider of world class education, transforming lives within and across communities. Our Christian Ethos helps to make our school a thoughtful community and we are welcoming, positive and open to pupils and staff of all faiths and none.
Kings Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.