The Write Time Independent School are specifically looking for someone to support the development of Under-16 students who have complex needs (e.g. challenging behaviour, dyslexia, ASD, ADHD etc.). We are locally recognised as a preferred provider for being able to support students academically and pastorally into positive pathways.
The maximum capacity of the school is 32 students so there is the opportunity to optimise and manage support for each student through individual plans. There is also large scope for creativity within the school to engage students. The school day starts at 9.30am and finishes at 3pm so there is significantly more time for administrative tasks such as planning, preparation, & assessment (PPA), and additional responsibilities if this is sought.
Do you have what it takes to join The Write Time and contribute to giving Young People a future?
In order to apply for this, post you will need: -
- A good degree in youth work, or evidence of practice-led research into youth work from a recognised university either in the UK or overseas
- A recognised teaching qualification
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification/Grade C in English Language & Mathematics
- To be experienced and talented working with challenging young people from a variety of complex backgrounds, and to have a track record of success in engaging this client group to achieve positive destinations
- To be IAG qualified and experienced substantially with mentoring and mentoring-based paperwork
- To be a strong user of ICT-based software including MacOS
- To be a competent coordinator and motivator
- To have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a secondary school, further education or alternative provision, and have firm evidence of successful teaching outcomes (NQTs are very welcome to apply and well be treated fairly and favourably)
- To be dynamic, creative, energetic, positive, and willing to communicate ideas appropriately
With the responsibility comes certain benefits and incentives which include, but are not limited to:
- This position attracts a salary of £22,000 - £27,000 with an opportunity to take on extra responsibilities
- Maximum of 4 classes with 8 students per class (32 students capacity of school)
- Quick room for progression within the business
- Team-building days and visits
- Family community at work
- Work-Life Balance Priorities
Please complete the online application form via TES. Please complete your supporting statement against the person specification, as a guide.
If you would like to find out more information about the job, please contact Alton McDonald on 0208 689 7676 or 07415 871847
NOTE: Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and reference checks prior to the commencement of employment.