St Mary’s Catholic Primary School offers a holistic and authentic Catholic education in a caring and cooperative community. As adults, staff and parents, we need to model the Gospel Values for the children through our words and actions. St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is part of the Catholic Education family within the Diocese of Rockhampton. Our school has a wonderful community atmosphere that is very welcoming of new families. We are very proud of our students and it is our hope that whatever they do in life, they will be able to recall the values we hold true here at St Mary’s, to help them along their life journey
About the role
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified educators for the casual position of Outside School Hours Care Assistants at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, North Rockhampton for an immediate start.
Duties will include supervision of and interaction with children, planning and programming, assisting the Coordinator with administration tasks, preparation of breakfasts and afternoon teas, and general cleaning.
The successful applicant/s will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. A Working with Children Check (WWCC) and eligibility for a Suitability Notice will also be required. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills.
- Qualified educators a minimum of an AQF Diploma of Children’s Services (Early Childhood Education and Care) or; an approved 2 year qualification (*Approved qualifications can be found at http://dete.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/service/qualifications.html) or willing to obtain these qualifications
- Current Suitability Card/ Positive Notice Letter
- First Aid Certificate, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Training (ACECQA approved)
- It is a requirement of the position that the successful applicants undertake a National Crime Check (Police Check) or provide details of a Police Check that is not more than six months old.
How to Apply
1. Please review the Position Description before preparing your application
2. Complete the application form
3. Submit your application and supporting documentation to:
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, North Rockhampton
Phone: 07 4994 8210
Applications close 26 February 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Existing not to be different, but to make a difference…
About St Mary’s Catholic Primary School North Rockhampton
Phone 07 4994 8210
Location 135 Nobbs Street North Rockhampton QLD 4701
Approx. Enrolment 360
Founded 1900 by the Sisters of Mercy
Parish St Mary’s, North Rockhampton
Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton