Academy: Leeds West Academy
Job Title: Head of History
Grade: MPS/UPS + TLR 2b (£4,591)
Accountable to: An identified member of the Executive Leadership Group
Role: To lead the development of History in the curriculum at Leeds West Academy.
Purpose of job:
As part of a team of subject leads, the Head of History will
· Be committed to supporting the achievement of all our young people in the History curriculum, both in lessons and through extra-curricular provision, through their learning from 11-18 and beyond.
· Design and develop an outstanding, innovative and creative History curriculum.
· Develop, in all students and teachers of History, versatile skills and attitudes required for lifelong learning in a rapidly changing world.
· Ensure that teachers within the History team are provided with high quality training opportunities, which enable them to be highly effective practitioners.
· Hold teachers of History to account for their performance.
· Develop positive external relationships at a local and strategic level, in partnership with The White Rose Academies Trust and others, to promote the continued development of the Academy, as a central resource for the community.
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our Academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
To apply visit http://www.leedswestacademy.org.uk/About-Us/Vacancies/ in order to download an application form. Once completed please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert live: ASAP
Closing date: Friday 2 February 2018 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: w/c Monday 5 February 2018
Interviews: Friday 9 February 2018
Start date: Easter 2018