OB TITLE: Overnight Support Worker (Female)
RESPONSIBLE TO: House Parent
Note: Safe recruitment
The Montessori Place is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To offer, in the evenings and overnight, one-to-one support to a young person with special educational needs, within the residential setting of a Montessori secondary school. This young person has been at a Montessori school since she was 2 years old, and she is now 14. We are recruiting for an LSA to support her in the evenings, and overnight.
• Four nights a week (Monday to Thursday) 4pm to 8am the next morning.
• £20,274.75 per annum (gross) paid in equal monthly instalments after PAYE.
• Accommodation in a pleasant single room with a view, and an adjoining bathroom.
• Meals during the school week are included.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Direct work with the young person with special educational needs
• To ensure the young person's safety and wellbeing through the evening and overnight.
• To support their self-care routines in the evening, at night and in the morning.
• To be available if they or other young people need support at night. This is rare.
• Organise accessible activities for the young person, either on-site or off-site.
• Ensure the environment (rooms, materials/equipment, activities) serve their development.
• Ensure that the evening routines are conducive to their wellbeing.
• Help the other young people in supporting this young person.
• Consult with your line manager and co-workers on how best to do this.
• Observe what generates enthusiasm, joy and fulfillment in the young person.
• Observe what obstacles they meet and determine how best to navigate through these.
• Show through your own example what you aspire for in the young people.
• Provide reports both orally and in writing with regard to this work
• Other duties as appropriate to the post and as delegated by your line manager/ Director.
The Montessori Place
Framfield near Uckfield TN22 5RE
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 16 years