Working in a shift pattern to cover the opening hours:
16 30 – 23 00 Monday to Friday
08 30 – 15 00 Saturday and Sunday
15 00 – 21 30 Saturday and Sunday
Some events may require extended hours
Interviews will be held w/c 27th September at The Oxford Academy.
Key Job Purpose
To provide all visitors to OX4 Community and Sports facilities’ with a friendly and positive experience, through delivering effective customer service and maintaining safe and efficient facilities through supervision and high standards of housekeeping.
- Completing your shift in accordance with the rota and completing daily task sheets
- Ensuring all sporting facilities and equipment are suitable for use
- Supervise pupils and members/visitors and ensure their safety
- Deal with phone, email and face to face customer bookings and enquiries
- Undertake regular staff training
- Represent the company when on site in the appropriate manner, including while arriving and departing the site.
- To wear the appropriate uniform and comply with The Oxford Academy and OX4 Code of Conduct
- Respect your colleagues by meeting common goals and standards.
- Promote quality customer service at all times, dealing with comments and reporting more serious issues to the OX4 Manager
- To assist with booking enquiries, payments and the passing on of messages to the OX4 Manager and the Site Team
- Ensure the Health & Safety of customers at all times
- Ensure all lost property is handled and recorded in line with written procedures
- Provide information and assistance to customers or direct them to reception
- The sale of snack items and drinks
- Pupils staff and the public are all customers of the Centre and must be recognised as such
- To instruct fitness sessions, at various levels of ability on both a group and individual basis.
- To assist users with exercise enquiries, general training, compilation of personalised programmes and supervise, plan and deliver timetabled classes
- Assist in the preparation and operation of events and activities including the assembly and dismantling of equipment in a timely and safe manner
- Ensuring that all areas internal and externally are left clean and tidy after use
- Ensure all cleaning duties are carried out as specified by the OX4 Manager and in accordance with the schools standards
- Patrol all areas of the school to ensure all facilities are being used in the correct manner
- CCTV observation and reporting of incidents to the OX4 Manager or a member of the Site Team
- Maintain storage areas in a clean and tidy condition and in accordance with store plans
- Securing the site at the end of the day by closing all windows and the locking of all external doors.
- Complete monthly time sheets and holiday requests
- Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post and agree with the line manager
- Occasionally, training or meetings are organised outside normal working hours. The post holder will be expected to attend whenever reasonably practicable
- Liaise with the OX4 Manager to focus on ways to improve the Centre.
- Undertake any reasonable request as specified by the OX4 Manager for which you are trained or is within your pay grade.
River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (1 from current/latest employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role.
The Oxford Academy