Think International School
Think International School is an IB World School offering the PYP to students from 3-11 years of age, in Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive, child-centered, and challenging environment that uses an inquiry based approach to foster diversity and to develop knowledgeable and open-minded, courageous and caring life-long learners.
We aim at preparing children to become global citizens who believe in themselves, respect other people, and love nature and their countries. With international education, students acquire global vision.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all students from Year 1 to Year 6
- Encourage the development of the IB learner profile
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience for students to achieve their individual potential
- Collaborate with staff to support and develop the PYP
- Organise PE / Sport workshops for staff and parents when appropriate
- Organise competitions/events with other schools in the area.
- Plan and deliver schemes of work, planning and lessons that meet the requirements of the PYP
- Complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour and standards of work
Assessment, Feedback and Tracking
- Monitor and evaluate the assessment and feedback to students in line with whole school guidelines
- Follow tracking systems relating to students attainment, progress and achievement
- Give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required
- Assess record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required
- Participate in whole school CPD programmes
- Take part in the staff development programme by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
Student Support and Progress
- Alert the appropriate staff to problems experienced by students
- Communicate with the parents of students and with persons or bodies outside the school concerned with the welfare of individual students
- Contribute to PSHE and citizenship and enterprise according to school policy
- Apply the Behaviour policy so that effective learning can take place.
- Comply with the school’s Safeguarding Policy in order to ensure the welfare of children.
- Communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate
- Follow agreed policies for communications in the school
- Take part in activities such as Open Evenings, Parents’ Evenings, Sports days etc
- Book sports facilities and carry out the necessary administration as required
- Play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example
- Model and promote the learner profile in the school community
- Comply with the school’s Health & Safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate
- Undertake duties before the school day, at break, over the lunch period and after the school day
- PE Degree plus/including teaching Degree /PGCE or recognized equivalent
- PE and Sports experience – teaching and practical
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- PYP experience is desirable
- First Aid Qualification
- Be able to work and collaborate on a daily basis as part of a team
- Have the ability and proven commitment to being an outstanding, passionate and innovative teacher
- Inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
- Have excellent administrative, organisational and ICT skills
- Have knowledge about working with EAL students.
Successful candidates will be offered:
- A fixed term up to 2 years contract with the option to extend on completion of the first term
- Competitive salary
If residing outside HK:
- Single air fare provided at beginning and end of employment to the country of residence if living outside HK
- Seven days hotel accommodation provided at start of contract if outside HK
- Working Visa
- Baggage allowance
Think International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Interviews will be held via Skype/in person if already in HK.
A current CV, including recent photograph and two professional references should also be included and emailed together with the letter of application of no more than two A4 sides to firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com