PA to the Senior Leadership Team
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking to appoint a PA to the Senior Leadership Team. This is a key post within the Academy to provide a confidential secretarial and administrative service to members of the senior leadership team and to support the Head of School’s PA as necessary.
The post requires a highly efficient and professional approach and calls for the ability to work on one’s own and to use judgement and initiative, as well as the ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of the administrative team to support the needs of the Academy. The ability to remain calm and controlled under the pressures of working in a very demanding and constantly changing environment is essential. The post will require flexibility in working hours (occasionally outside of school hours to support meetings and events) and a willingness to undertake training to meet the varying demands of the role.
At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership and an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities which include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
It is incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop.
· Providing a confidential secretarial support to the Senior Leadership Team, working efficiently and effectively with due regard to punctuality and meeting deadlines;
· Pro-active diary management (including making and monitoring appointments and diary conflicts);
· Preparing meeting agendas, taking and distributing minutes and associated papers;
· Making arrangements for visitors to the academy, including parking and catering for meetings and events; greeting visitors on arrivals;
· Maintaining confidential files and ensuring these are up to date; providing SLT with the appropriate information and files in advance of meetings;
· Maintaining filing systems;
· Processing correspondence and documentation;
· Preparing communications (composing letters/emails, proof reading and distributing communications via post and/or electronically);
· Producing reports;
· Responding to telephone and other enquiries from staff and parents;
· Liaising as necessary with staff, students, parents, professional colleagues, external agencies and the public.
· General office administrative duties; including ordering supplies as required.
· Undertaking project work as required.
The successful candidate will have
· At least three years or more experience of working as a PA, administrative environment.
· Experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels
· Experience of working in Education would be desirable but not essential
· Good IT and organisational skills
· Can do attitude, flexible and a sense of humour.
Start date asap
Salary NJC L5 15-18 £23,541-£24,982 FTE dependent on experience actual pro rata salary £21,276-£22,579
Job Role Permanent, Full time, Term time and INSET days plus 2 weeks 8am – 4pm
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Stockwood Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Stockwood Park Academy, part of The Shared Learning Trust.
With a new Head of School, Mumin Humayun, this is an exciting time to join The Stockwood Park Academy Teaching Team. Your colleagues are friendly, highly e...